Small Business Growth
There are many various components to think about when starting a new small business amd it can be a real headache. For example, what type of business model could you see yourself working with? What is your best working style? What are your passions and how do they combine with a market need or demand? What are your core strengths? Plus also remembering that business is always changing just as life does so we have to be prepared for that also.
We have to also be aware that – there are times when we may need to look at making some changes/tweaks to stay relevant and stay in business. And what some call ‘pivoting’ is the idea, in order to stay in business and survive so the very nature of business is that, we are making sales no matter what business area that is. And the underlying principles are the same with all business in that – we need to see consistent growth in order to survive.
We have to do what we have to do to stay in business and not end up in massive debt so, there are very important areas to think about. Starting with a solid Business plan and marketing plan which will need to be created regardless of the ‘type’ of business you are in, or wish to be involved with is necessary because, this plan will act as ‘your vision’ plus include many elements such as SWOT analysis, costs and tools needed so that you know ‘what’ you are running day to day. And IF you do need funding you have that total CLARITY for your bank or another lender to lend to you. But, even if you don’t need funding you still need a SOLID VISION to work with so you can measure your progress using various metrics. And – when the going gets tough you will be able to maintain that vision and message whilst facing challenges which will happen. And the main thing here as you get set backs is you can still drive forward.
I cannot stress enough how much you need a solid aim and vision, because of those very reasons i just talked about and this is why 8 out of 10 businesses fail because they don’t have a solid vision which matches a strong market need and the ability to know and nurture the customer.
And – if you hire a team ‘you all need to be on the same page’ and have the same drive and determination to make it work so you have that momentum and energy daily whereby you all are passionate about this thing working. That’s why hiring the right people is VITAL. You want productive, eager, enthusiastic positive players who are with you for the journey as it will push productivity forward and as it does, everyone will feel a part of the vision and feel lifted which is so vital.
So, from the get go, you must plan, know your vision, your message, and have solid ethics and hire the right people in order to create Small Business Growth.
Small Business Growth Passions and questions to ask
Now, even before this you need to of course established ‘What your core passions, skills, experiences could be, and other relevant areas’ which can help you to grow your small business.
Couple that with a strong demand or market need and you are starting to create a bridge between YOU and the chosen area. As you do this you can also look at ‘How you might be the primary solution’ by differentiating from the competition. So be sure to look at ‘what your market and your competition look like! Also, how can you be better or different? And how can you have market share in this area? Plus, what would you love to work doing and why? Then how will you scale up your business and what will your potential costs be? And how will you measure your growth and with what metrics? Plus What will your primary role be in all this? And amongst other things, Would you like to run a 1 man business or perhaps a corporation?
As you can see – there are many questions to ask and this is why sometimes it is far easier to work with an expert or a team keep you accountable and them accountable. And this way you all may bounce ideas off of each other and refine and focus what you might want to do as you move forward.
Need help? Whether you are a budding entrepreneur or someone who just needs to create a great business plan then by all means get in touch I have been helping clients with Small Business Growth for over 10 years now.
Find me @ www.GregDeTisi.com and we can arrange a 1 hour session to plan your small business idea.
One of the things many people tend to get wrong is – they start with products instead of looking at who their potential clients or customers might be. But, what I do with greater success is to help my client discover exactly who their ideal client/customer is, so that together we work back to developing the perfect product service or business model to maximise your profits and grow a solid foundation.
Small Business Growth TIPS:
1) Know your role – the worst situation is trying to do the role of 5 people.
2) Hire fresh, energetic, passionate, driven, capable teams. – With that vision you share you build success.
3) Communicate effectively. – Lack of communication is what kills businesses every day.
4) Understand and listen openly to others ideas. – Try to be low in Ego and high in humility. – This will pay you back over time.
5) Maintain a strong vision and always encourage and praise others to also see that vision. – Lifting spirits and appreciation creates productivity and effectiveness.
6) Have dynamic and quick meetings. Keep energy high and let others be creative. – Don’t waste too much time having meetings for meetings sakes.
7) Outsource where necessary – Even if your team are great they may not be able to do certain things and so it is easier just to outsource – but ensure you can trust WHO you outsource to.
8) Be a leader no matter what type of business you run. – Effective leadership can make a business – and a lack of it can break a business
Asking yourself more questions
You really need to be asking yourself many questions before you even think of starting a new small business or start up and when aiming at creating Small Business Growth. But there are so many options for business models these days as yo may be familiar with so, start with your ideas, and take action, move toward your goals. For example, you might want to run a franchise, a shop, or an already established bed and breakfast business or maybe an online membership site business? Or maybe an ecommerce store, or a Coaching or consulting business would suit you most?
Whatever you do decide to do, YOU DO NEED to conduct research upfront and do as much homework as you can, so as to reduce the risks you may find along the way.
Risk reduction at the beginning is a very wise thing and no matter what you end up promoting, producing or delivering, and how you communicate your message you will want to start on the right foot and create growth and make an income as soon as you can.
Now, this leads me to, how will you sell? Will you sell your services, products, digital products, or have an information site? I am sure you know that there are so many options and this is why a great number of people NEVER GET STARTED. It’s also known as ‘information overload’. Trust me, I have been there and still get too many e-mails today, so, you have to ensure you are not just ANOTHER PERSON who is swamped by brain strain. So, ask yourself, how you can you stay focused and how can you deliver and communicate your message effectively, powerfully and with great response?
I certainly don’t want to add to your info overload, on the contrary, I am in business to coach those who seek to follow their passions. And when they do so, they find a simplicity in this which is beautiful and personal and it is when this happens that power and energy, enthusiasm and true character shines through in the business. This is when a business succeeds, when all the components work together and tweaks and changes are made as the small business grows. Nothing starts clean and polished, it all starts with that spark or idea and from the creation comes the beauty and magic in a successful small business model. Some ideas never work and that’s life, but thats also why we need to put in the effort right from the beginning to see whether something is worth our blood, sweat and tears or not.
My question about small business growth would be this………
‘What would you REALLY love to do and why?’ Write it down! And expand upon it. This could be a great starting point. But don’t worry too much about all of this now, as luckily I am a coach who helps my clients to figure this out – EVEN IF THEY DON’T HAVE A CLUE of where to begin. So, i will give you some solid tips to work with now and after you have read this you can begin WHERE YOU ARE with WHAT YOU HAVE GOT and start to move towards your goals.
How does that sound?
Oh by the way – I never had any of this 10 years ago, I had to read tons and tons of stuff just to start understanding how small business growth really works. I studied the likes of Sir Richard Branson, T Harv Eker, Dr Joe Vitale, Rich Schefren, Mike Filsame, Frank Kern, Gary Vanerchuk, Napoleon Hill, Jim Rohn, Zig Ziglar, Brian Tracy, Brendon Burchard, Robert Kiyosaki, Eben Pagen, Sonia Riccotti, and many many others ‘just’ to grasp how becoming a self sustained empire building entrepreneur really worked. Well, I have taken so much and built so much myself thanks to my education but, what I have taken from it all the most is the ‘help’ I have given. Truly, when I help individuals to change their lives, businesses and careers it gives me such highs that I am in heaven. I am just that kind of guy who loves to give and see progress. Maybe it’s because I was a struggling, broke, depressed, angry and lost young guy once who was ready to throw it all away? I don’t know but I do know that, I couldn’t be happier as I REFUSED TO QUIT ON MY DREAMS. And I advice you do the same.
It is worth knowing at this point that, just because you may have your sweet and super business idea ready and all of your new strategies ready to roll out you have to ask yourself HOW AM I GOING TO MARKET IT? Ahaha yes! You see, let’s say you have your little Artisan bread shop in Hackney, AWESOME! But, you need to create a pre-launch exposure, offline and online marketing, publicity, advertising methods and get help from as many people as you can to get the ball rolling – EVEN BEFORE YOU OPEN THE DOOR. The build up is often the greatest moment as timing is everything. So, never underestimate the timing or work required. Hopefully this list of SOLID GOLD tips will help you on your road.
Now onto My Top 11 Tips To Starting A Thriving Successful Small Business Growth Brand ‘The Right Way’
1) DISCOVER WHO YOU REALLY ARE AND WORK WITH THAT. WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPIEST, WHAT COULD YOU BE VERY GOOD AT, WHAT SKILLS DO OTHERS SAY YOU HAVE THE MOST AND WHAT EXPERIENCES IN LIFE GOOD AND BAD CAN YOU SHARE AND BRING TO THE TABLE TO TELL YOUR STORY AND GROW YOUR BRAND?
2) IS THERE A MARKET FOR YOUR IDEAS? WHO ELSE COULD BE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING? IF NO-ONE ELSE IS DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING THEN HOW MUCH RISK COULD INVOLVED IN DOING IT? IF OTHERS ARE IN THE BUSINESS AREA YOU LOVE HOW CAN YOU BE BETTER?
3) WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS WOULD SUIT YOU THE MOST? WHY? WHAT WILL THAT DO FOR YOU? HOW WILL YOU FEEL ABOUT RUNNING AN OPERATION OF THIS NATURE DAY IN DAY OUT?
4) WHAT RESEARCH HAVE YOU DONE? WHAT CAN YOU DO? WHAT POTENTIAL CHALLENGES DO YOU SEE APPROACHING YOU? HOW CAN YOU DEAL WITH PROBLEMS AND CREATE SOLUTIONS TO DEAL WITH THEM? HOW WILL YOU WORK ON A DAILY BASIS AND BE PRODUCTIVE? WILL THIS REQUIRE EMPLOYEES, STAFF, OUTSOURCING OR OTHER MEANS OF WORK SHARING?
5) HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR STRENGTHS MOST? AND, HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO TRANSLATE THESE STRENGTHS INTO CONNECTING WITH YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER? ALSO HOW WILL YOU LET GO OF YOUR WEAKER ARES WHERE YOU MIGHT NEED TO OUTSOURCE?
6) WHAT CAN YOU REALLY SEE YOURSELF ENJOYING SELLING, PROMOTING, SHARING? WHY? WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR YOU?
7) WHAT IS YOUR CORE MESSAGE REALLY? WHAT IS IT THAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOUT OUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN THINK OF?
8) HOW WILL YOU DELIVER YOUR UNIQUE MESSAGE WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND COMMUNICATE THIS TO YOUR BUYERS, CUSTOMERS ETC?
9) HOW WILL YOU HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR DAILY GOALS? HOW WILL YOU ENSURE YOU ARE WORKING CERTAIN HOURS AND ON THE MOST IMPORTANT TASKS? AND HOW WILL YOU ENSURE THAT YOUR TEAM (if you have one) WORKS AS EFFECTIVELY AS YOU WHILST KEEPING THEM HAPPY AND AS EQUALS?
10) WHAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES DO YOU HAVE TO MONITOR, TEST, TWEAK AND GROW YOUR SMALL BUSINESS AND HOW DO YOU KEEP ACCOUNT OF THE COSTS AND TIMESCALES NEEDED FOR THESE AREAS? HOW WILL YOU SET TASKS FOR YOURSELF FOR REACHING GOALS AND PLANNING EVERY DAY? ARE THESE REALISTIC? HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR NUMBERS AND HOW TO SCALE UP YOUR ENTERPRISE? HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR EXPENSES AND KEEP ACCOUNT OF WHAT IS COMING IN VERSUS WHAT IS GOING OUT?
11) Timing is everything and even when this seems right you still need AN EXIT STRATEGY! YOU WILL BE WISE TO CREATE ONE.
This may all sound like alot of work or just too complicated to you – but these areas are vital to your starting out.
My suggestion would be to start subscribing to others in your niche market. And other markets, Read journals, magazines, articles, forum posts and blog posts to get more familiar with your core market as these people are ‘already’ looking for your type of audience.
Without knowing what the hell is going on with your small business growth then how will you know how you will improve?
You won’t, I know from past experiences. Don’t make these mistakes, as just missing a part of the process will cause you alot of problems (or challenges) heartache, stress, and you may eventually quit based on your emotional reactions to these mishaps happening. A great friend of mine once said to me ‘Greg, you are an emotional guy, which is great if you have EQ, BUT, if you don’t have EQ you are done for’! So I say ‘What the hell is EQ anyways (in an emotional response) and he said ‘exactly the opposite of your reaction then’. He went on to tell me that, when I master my mind and emotions I get to master a business as I will have to deal with issues without emotion and leave the emotion for ‘ideas and passions’. He said, ‘take out the emotion when there is shit going on and look at the exact issue’. Since then I have saved my hair, my stress, my income, and my sanity and I can highly recommend you do this. It is a million dollar piece of wisdom let me tell you. So, now you know a little about small business growth, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
NOTE: By all means contact me at www.GregDeTisi.com for a chat or for a free planning session and I will be more than glad to help you make some new decisions about how to get from where you are now to where you really want to be.
Your buddy In your Small Business Growth
By the way, If you are just starting out with no clue where to start and you have your idea or passion then don’t worry this is normal, BUT I have created a FULL Self study course including a $10k per month blueprint, a full 28 day money back guarantee and every tool and resource you could ever need to succeed in a new career or small business including, discovering and developing your passions and turning them into profits. Competition, Small Business Growth, startups, innovation, mindset, performance, and much more. Sound like something you would be interested in? JUST CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK. It’s at a current low price Pre-launch and I will be raising the price very soon, but you can grab a bargain if you buy it today.
Small Business Growth