Small Business Growth
There are many components to think about when starting a new small business. For example, what type of business model could you see yourself working with?
What could be your passions, skills, experiences, and other relevant areas that can help you to extend your small business from you? Where is the market need? How might you be the solution in a growing market? What might your competition look like? How can you be better or different? How can you have market share in this area? What area or niche would you love to work in and why? How will you scale up your business and what will your potential costs be? Would you need a loan or how might you get some leverage for your enterprise? What will you do to run your business and would you hire others? Would you like a 1 man business or perhaps a corporation?
As you can see – there are many questions to ask and this is why sometimes it is far easier to work with an expert to bounce ideas off of and refine and focus what you might want to do.
Whether you are a budding entrepreneur or someone who just needs to create a great business plan then get in touch I have been helping clients grow businesses for over 9 years now.
One of the things many people get wrong is they start with products instead of looking at who their potential clients or customers might be. What I do is to help my client discover exactly who their ideal client/customer is so that together we work back to developing the perfect product service or business model to maximise your profits and grow a solid foundation.
Asking yourself questions
You really need to be asking yourself many questions before you even think of starting a new small business or start up and when thinking of creating Small Business Growth. But there are so many options so this way, at least you can have a good long think about what you could do and what is already out there. For example, you might want a franchise, or an already established bed and breakfast business or maybe an online membership site business that has great revenue already coming in. Whatever you do decide to do though YOU DO NEED to do as much homework as you can so as to reduce the risks you may find along the way.
You see, risk reduction at the beginning is a very wise thing and no matter what you end up promoting, delivering, and how you communicate your message you will want to be successful and make an income. That leads me to, how will you sell? Will you sell your services, products, digital products, or just have an information site? I am sure you know that there are so many options and this is why a great number of people NEVER GET STARTED. It’s also known as ‘information overload’. Trust me I have been there and still get too many e-mails today, so, you have to ensure that you are not just ANTOHER PERSON in a market that is swamped by overload. Ask yourself, how you can differentiate what you do and how can you deliver and communicate that message effectively, powerfully and with great response?
I certainly don’t want to add to your info overload, on the contrary, I am in business to coach those who seek to follow their passions. And when they do so, they find a simplicity in this which is beautiful and personal and it is when this happens that power and energy, enthusiasm and true character shines through in the business. This is when a business succeeds, when all the components work together and tweaks and changes are made as the small business grows. Nothing starts clean and polished, it all starts with that spark or idea and from the creation comes the beauty and magic in a successful small business model.
My question about small business growth would be this………
‘What would you REALLY love to do and why?’ Do you know? As this could be a great starting point. But don’t worry as luckily I am the coach who helps my clients to figure this out EVEN IF THEY DON’T HAVE A CLUE of where to begin. So, i will give you some solid tips to work with now so that after you have read this you can begin WHERE YOU ARE with WHAT YOU HAVE GOT and start to move towards your goals.
How does that sound?
Oh by the way – I never had any of this 10 years ago, I had to read tons and tons of stuff just to start understanding how small business growth really works. I studied the likes of Sir Richard Branson, T Harv Eker, Dr Joe Vitale, Rich Schefren, Mike Filsame, Frank Kern, Gary Vanerchuk, Brendon Burchard, Robert Kiyosaki, Eben Pagen, Sonia Riccotti, and many many others ‘just’ to grasp how becoming a self sustained empire building entrepreneur really worked. Well, I have taken so much and built so much myself thanks to my education but, what I have taken the most is the ‘help’ I have given. Truly, when I help individuals to change their lives, businesses and careers it gives me such highs that I am in heaven. I am just that kind of guy who loves to give and see progress. Maybe it’s because I was a struggling, broke, depressed, angry and lost guy once who was ready to throw it all away? I don’t know but I do know that, I couldn’t be happier as I REFUSED TO QUIT ON MY DREAMS. And I advice you do the same.
It is worth knowing at this point that, just because you may have your super fly business ready and all of your new and spanky ideas ready to roll out you have to ask yourself HOW AM I GOING TO MARKET IT? You see, let’s say you have your little Artisan bread shop in Hackney, AWESOME! But, you need pre-launch exposure, offline and online marketing, publicity, advertising methods and help from as many people as you can to get the ball rolling EVEN BEFORE YOU OPEN THE DOOR. Sure, you will also be making tweaks as you go and this is naturally ok, but the whole point of business is…….TO MAKE MONEY! So, never underestimate the work required, but hopefully this list of SOLID GOLD tips will help you on your road.
Now onto My Top 10 Tips To Starting A Thriving Successful Small Business Growth Brand ‘The Right Way’
1) DISCOVER WHO YOU REALLY ARE AND WORK WITH THAT. WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPIEST, WHAT COULD YOU BE VERY GOOD AT, WHAT SKILLS DO OTHERS SAY YOU HAVE THE MOST AND WHAT EXPERIENCES IN LIFE GOOD AND BAD CAN YOU SHARE AND BRING TO THE TABLE TO TELL YOUR STORY AND GROW YOUR BRAND?
2) IS THERE A MARKET FOR YOUR IDEAS? WHO ELSE COULD BE DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING? IF NO-ONE ELSE IS DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING THEN HOW MUCH RISK COULD INVOLVED IN DOING IT? IF OTHERS ARE IN THE BUSINESS AREA YOU LOVE HOW CAN YOU BE BETTER?
3) WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS WOULD SUIT YOU THE MOST? WHY? WHAT WILL THAT DO FOR YOU? HOW WILL YOU FEEL ABOUT RUNNING AN OPERATION OF THIS NATURE?
4) WHAT RESEARCH HAVE YOU DONE? WHAT CAN YOU DO? WHAT POTENTIAL CHALLENGES DO YOU SEE APPROACHING YOU? HOW CAN YOU DEAL WITH PROBLEMS AND CREATE SOLUTIONS TO DEAL WITH THEM? HOW WILL YOU WORK ON A DAILY BASIS AND BE PRODUCTIVE? WILL THIS REQUIRE EMPLOYEES, STAFF, OUTSOURCING OR OTHER MEANS OF WORK SHARING?
5) HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR STRENGTHS MOST? AND, HOW WILL YOU BE ABLE TO TRANSLATE THESE STRENGTHS INTO CONNECTING WITH YOUR IDEAL CUSTOMER? ALSO HOW WILL YOU LET GO OF YOUR WEAKER ARES WHERE YOU MIGHT NEED TO OUTSOURCE?
6) WHAT CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF SELLING, PROMOTING, SHARING? WHY? WHAT WILL THIS DO FOR YOU?
7) WHAT IS YOUR MESSAGE REALLY? WHAT IS IT THAT YOU REALLY WANT TO SHOUT OUT IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN THINK OF?
8) HOW WILL YOU DELIVER YOUR UNIQUE MESSAGE WITH ATTENTION TO DETAIL AND COMMUNICATE THIS TO YOUR BUYERS, CUSTOMERS ETC?
9) HOW WILL YOU HOLD YOURSELF ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR DAILY GOALS? HOW WILL YOU ENSURE YOU ARE WORKING CERTAIN HOURS AND ON THE MOST IMPORTANT TASKS? AND HOW WILL YOU ENSURE THAT YOUR TEAM (if you have one) WORKS AS EFFECTIVELY AS YOU WHILST KEEPING THEM HAPPY AND AS EQUALS?
10) WHAT TOOLS AND RESOURCES DO YOU HAVE TO MONITOR, TEST, TWEAK AND GROW YOUR SMALL BUSINESS AND HOW DO YOU KEEP ACCOUNT OF THE TIMESCALES NEEDED FOR THESE AREAS? HOW WILL YOU SET TASKS FOR YOURSELF FOR REACHING GOALS AND PLANNING EVERY DAY? ARE THESE REALISTIC? HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR NUMBERS AND HOW TO SCALE UP YOUR ENTERPRISE? HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR EXPENSES AND KEEP ACCOUNT OF WHAT IS COMING IN VERSUS WHAT IS GOING OUT?
This may sound complicated to you but these areas are vital to your own growth.
My suggestion would be to start getting ideas down and start subscribing to others in your niche market. read journals, magazines, articles, forum posts and blog posts to get more familiar with your core market as these people are ‘already’ looking for your audience.
Without knowing what the hell is going on with your small business growth then how will you know how you will improve?
You won’t, I know from past experiences. Don’t make these mistakes as just missing a part of the process will cause you alot of problems (or challenges) heartache, stress, and you may eventually quit based on your emotional reactions to these so called mishaps happening. a great friend of mine once said to me ‘Greg, you are an emotional guy, which is great if you have EQ, BUT, if you don’t have EQ you are done for’! So I say ‘What the hell is EQ anyways (in an emotional repsonse) and he said ‘exactly the opposite of your reaction then’. He went on to tell me that, when I master my mind and emotions I get to master a business as you have to deal with issues without emotion and leave the emotion for ‘ideas and passions’. He said, ‘take out the emotion when there is shit going on and look at the exact issue’. Since then I have saved my hair, my stress, my income, and my sanity and I can highly recommend you do this. It is a million dollar piece of wisdom let me tell you. So, now you know a little about small business growth, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.
By all means contact me at www.GregDeTisi.com for a chat or for a free planning session and I will be more than glad to help you make some new decisions about how to get from where you are now to where you really want to be.
Your buddy In Business